Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's Women's History Month - the women in my life! Part 2

Laura Coccimiglio is an extremely talented woman that manages 3 very high powered kids and Philly-born brainiac husband. We were in "Vagina Monologues" together and the powerful 1950's classic Arthur Miller's "All My Sons" . She's someone that can talk a variety of subjects - science to sex! Smarty, sassy and sexy! 


Mz. K and I met in 1996 in NOCAL and was one of my very first friends there. Here we are in 2008 in Boston (ignore the date stamp) at the Boston train station. She taught me how to live in the 'hood in Oakland/Richmond and the importance of being "off the hook" and what it means to "see ya in a minute".  She's funny, giving and just a tad crazy, fo'realz. 


Hanai is a Japanese term that means "adoptive or in the care of" and my hanai sister on Kauai is Roxanne "Rocky" Pascua. She and her ohana have been very sweet to me. Talk about a lot of woman - she is!!! Such a role model for young women here on Kauai as indicated by her successful and talented daughters. Mother, Designer, Hula dancer, Entertainer, Nail Technician, Mentor and Foster Mother - this woman has earned her wings in heaven! From my 45th bday part in 2009 (ignore the date stamp) - she inspires me to do more and be better! Mahalo Rocky! 


One of the most charming people in my life! One of the best pieces of theatre I've ever done was with Jennifer - "Parallel Lives" in 2009. We played like 12 different characters each and rocked that show! She is patient, very kind and super talented as an actress/director and teacher. Big love, Jen!


One of the most honest "in your face" women I know. Sarcastic, determined and a damn fine friend - Here we are directing the Paradise Ride in 2011. Alison cuts through the BS and then some.
A woman after my own heart.


Maire is the High Priestess in my life. She walks her talk...and that's no BS. She and her hubby - Davyd - have a 20 acre farm on the Big Island of Hawaii . They live off the grid, creating their own energy, planting various fruits and veggies - raising their own chickens, donkeys, dogs, kitties and ducks. The God and Goddess personified. Very remarkable folk that are hospitable, wickedly smart and talented. I admire their honesty in their truth. Much respect! Malama Pono!


Crystal was my neighbor for several years which led to our friendship. She has spunk and is one of the most hopeful people I know. We have long conversations that result in us usually giggling. Dependable, charismatic and luscious!!! <3


Shelley Chenot and I have been friends a long time. We met through Holly in 1991 as they both worked together but developed our own friendship throughout the years. A rancher in OK, talented business woman, lover of animals and the outdoors -  empathetic, loyal and beautiful - she's one of those friends I can just pick up where we left off. 2009 on her ranch. Love ya, Shell!


Laurie Landes - despite all that life has thrown at her she has such grace and resilience that humbles me. She's seen some of the coolest rock n roll bands from back in the day!!! She's seen Led Zeppelin, The Doors and more!!! Way cool!


Shelley Roberts Jenkins and I were roommates back in the ol days of college in San Angelo, TX. She was someone that stood by me when many people didn't. She leads an exciting life these days by living in Abu Dhabi!  We laughed, partied, did theatre together and sang Fleetwood Mac into the wee hours of the morning - records, on a turntable! It's been a long time since we've seen each other. One of the great things about Facebook is reconnecting with people. Big love, Shelley!





No comments:

Post a Comment